News & Highlights
We are excited to share our recent findings on the application of photostable Diketopyrrolopyrrole dye and its derivatives for Non-Aqueous Redox Flow Batteries. Click here to read more about it.
Congratulations to Krishnapriya KC for successfully defending her Doctoral Colloquium titled ‘Role of Spin Density and Inter-Chromophoric Coupling in Singlet Fission’.
Congratulations to Rathod Suman for securing a Post-Doctoral position at Bar-Ilan University in Prof. Doron Aurbach’s Research Group.
Research activities of our group are focused on exploring the manifold of molecular electronics ranging from organic photovoltaics, light-emitting diodes and field-effect transistors. Our interdisciplinary approach includes synthesizing multifunctional conjugated polymers and oligomers with novel properties and studying their characteristics working at the interface of chemistry, physics and materials engineering. We take advantage of molecular structures to fine tune the desired properties through molecular design and robust synthetic strategies.
- Organic Solar Cells
- Singlet Fission
- Electrochemical Energy Storage Devices
- Organic Light-emitting Diodes
- Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence (TADF)
- Field-Effect Transistors
- Krishnapriya, KC; Roy, P.; Puttaraju, B.; Salzner, U.; Musser, A. J.; Jain, M.; Dasgupta, J.; Patil, S. Spin density encodes intramolecular singlet exciton fission in pentacene dimers Nat. Comm. 2019, 10, 1-8
- KC Krishnapriya, Andrew J Musser, Satish Patil, Molecular Design Strategies for Efficient Intramolecular Singlet Exciton Fission ACS Energy Lett. 2018, 4, 192-202
- Frank‐Julian Kahle, Tobias Hahn, Tushita Mukhopadhyay, Boregowda Puttaraju, Satish Patil, Anna Köhler, Organic Bidirectional Phototransistors Based on Diketopyrrolopyrrole and Fullerene Adv. Funct. Mater. 2018, 1805684
- Yaping Zang, Suman Ray, E-Dean Fung, Anders Borges, Marc H Garner, Michael L Steigerwald, Gemma C Solomon, Satish Patil, Latha Venkataraman, Resonant transport in single diketopyrrolopyrrole junctions JACS, 2018, 140, 13167-13170
- Aiswarya Abhisek Mohapatra, Vincent Kim, Boregowda Puttaraju, Aditya Sadhanala, Xuechen Jiao, Christopher R McNeill, Richard H Friend, Satish Patil, Forster resonance energy transfer drives higher efficiency in ternary blend organic solar cells ACS Appl. Energy Mater. 2018, 1(9), 4874–4882
- C. Kanimozhi, N. Y. Gross, K. W. Chou, A. Amassian, T. D. Anthopoulos and and S.Patil, Diketopyrrolopyrrole-Diketopyrrolopyrrole-based Conjugated Copolymer for High-Mobility Organic Field-Effect Transistors, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 16532
- Nidhi Sharma, Shiv Kumar, Yogesh Chandrasekaran, Satish Patil, Maleimide–based donor-π-acceptor-π-donor derivative for efficient organic light-emitting diodes, Organic Electronics, 2016, 38 180-185
- Tushita Mukhopadhyay, Boregowda Puttaraju, Satyaprasad P. Senanayak, Aditya Sadhanala, Richard Friend, Hendrik A. Faber, Thomas D. Anthopoulos, Ulrike Salzner, Andreas Meyer, and Satish Patil, Air-Stable n-channel diketopyrrolopyrrole −diketopyrrolopyrrole Oligomers for High Performance Ambipolar Organic Transistors ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2016, 38, 25415–25427
- Satyaprasad P. Senanayak, A. Z. Ashar, Catherine Kanimozhi, Satish Patil and K. S. Narayan, Room-temperature bandlike transport and Hall effect in a high-mobility ambipolar polymer Phys. Rev. B, 2015, 91, 115302